With every new day – with practically every second – we seem to be growing more and more dependent on our smartphones to function in our daily lives. We use them to look up movie times, find a great brownie recipe, talk to our moms, our lovers, keep track of our kids… We use our phones for absolutely everything.
Keeping that in mind, it’s becoming less and less of an option to go without a cellphone, or even living with a damaged handset.
Read on, to find out 5 surprising facts about mobile phone repairs.
5 Surprising Facts About Mobile Phone Repairs
- Apple sold around 51.2 million iPhones last quarter. At the beginning of April 2016, Apple announced its financial statistics for Q2 of 2016. Although the smartphone titan is reporting a decline in sales for the first time in 13 years, that’s still a healthy trade! Considering that, on avearge, ⅓ of iPhone owners report living with cracked screens, or other minor cosmetic damages, that’s a staggering 17 million new handsets, every three months, to be kept in perfect working order.
- The two most common smartphone activities are texting and taking photos.While it may be called a “smartphone”, that’s really just the tip of the iceberg of what these wunder-devices are capable of. Heck, many of us barely use the speech capabilities of our phones at all, except to order a pizza when there’s no emoji delivery. That means having our screens in pristine condition is even more important than ever. Not only are cracked screens an eyesore, they can even prove a health risk, via cut fingers, and that’s not even mentioning the restricted activities or the risk to our phone’s data.
- 12% of iPhones are damaged by spilled beer. Water damage is one of the most common causes for mobile phone repair. That’s water, specifically. In fact, only 1 out of 8 mobile phones are damaged due to drinking-related accidents!
- The second most common cause of liquid damage is spilled soda. Although spilled water is the leading cause of liquid damage, soda follows closely behind. The sticky, sugary liquid is even more of a nightmare to repair than regular old Hydrogen Hydroxide, so keep those handsets away from your Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb!
- If you can make it through you’re first year, you’re golden. Roughly 10% of iPhone, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy owners damage their device within a year of getting it. Sometimes, tragicallly, it can happen within weeks of purchasing our brand new, high-tech device.
Have you damaged your new smartphone, and are in need of mobile phone repairs? Or maybe you just need your older model tuned up a bit. Either way, we can repair most common smartphone problems – like screen repairs – within 24 hours or less!