We all know that feeling that we get when we hear that gut-wrenching cracking noise coming from the direction of an iPhone. Oh, no! You’ve cracked the screen. We all know someone that has broken their iPhone screen – or maybe you’re the one who has done it. Sometimes this can be prevented, but other times, it just sort of happens.
Why does this happen? What are some of the most common reasons that people end up breaking their iPhone screens? Here’s a look at 4 of the main reasons that this could happen to your iPhone.
- Dropping the iPhone. This is probably the most common story that you are going to hear when it comes to people breaking their screens. Even if you’re just dropping the phone on a soft surface, you may find that there are little cracks that happen throughout the screen. It’s that much worse when you drop it on a harder surface, mainly because the screen can completely shatter when you do that. Either of these outcomes will likely result in a complete screen replacement.
- Putting Pressure on the iPhone. Do you put your phone in your back pocket? Have you ever accidentally stepped on your iPhone? While dropping the phone is definitely the most common way to break it, this comes in at a pretty close second. We can get really clumsy or forgetful with our phones, so you want to make sure that you always know where it is before you sit or move anywhere.
- Time and Use. Sometimes, the standard wear and tear of using the device can take its toll on it as time goes on. If you start to notice that your screen is wearing down or cracking in certain spots, you may want to get it checked out. It’s never a bad thing to get a screen replacement, so consider getting that done before it completely falls apart on you.
- No reason at all! Sometimes, the screen is faulty or just the right conditions make it so that the screen cracks for what seems to be no reason at all. And even if that’s the case, we can bring it in and fix it for you so that you can start using it again.
If your iPhone screen has broken for any of the above reasons, or you have another issue that you’re trying to take care of with your mobile device, please make sure that you come to https://www.telcoworld.com.au/mobile-phones/repairs/ so that we can start working on your device and help you to get all of the resources that you need to get your phone working as it should once again.
Getting a Voice Memo Off of an iPhone
We all know that thoughts come at the strangest times. At https://www.telcoworld.com.au/, we spend a lot of time putting together “to do” lists so that we can keep everyone organized. One of the best ways for you to keep your life in order is to go ahead and utilize the voice memos option on your iPhone. You can ask Siri to open it up and start speaking your thoughts out loud so that you can listen to them later.
But, what happens if you ever need to take those voice memos off of the phone and download them onto a computer? How would you even go about doing that in the first place? Is it difficult? Not at all! Here are the main ways that you can transfer any of your voice memos to pretty much any computer that you may want to transfer them to.
- iTunes is always a great go-to if you’re looking to do anything with audio files. All you have to do is to go ahead and get a USB cable and connect the phone to the computer that you want to put your files onto. You can select the music option and then sync the file to your computer’s iTunes module. Or, you can take the file and drag it onto your desktop with this option as well.
- “Share” functions. The easiest way for you to go ahead and get your voice memos off of your iPhone is to use AirDrop. AirDrop is one of the best things ever to happen to Apple devices. Not only does it allow you to get everything that you could ever need off of your phone, but it also does it with just a couple of button clicks. All you have to do is tap the icon for AirDrop on your computer and then it will take whatever it is that you want or need off of your device. It’s as easy as that!
- You can always use DropBox if you want to make sure that multiple people are going to be able to listen to the memo, even if they don’t happen to have an Apple device. All you have to do is download the file into a format that can be sent through DropBox. You can get the DropBox app for your iPhone, drag the file into DropBox, and that’s it. You can access it from anywhere and you can share the code with those that you may want to have listen to it as well.
When you are exploring the world of iPhones, you will discover that there is a lot of conversation about the types that are out there. How can you be certain that you are getting what you want out of it? Every time a new iPhone comes out, it seems that they always add new options and other things that you need to try and figure out. In this article, the staff at https://www.telcoworld.com.au/ wants to help you see the major differences between the iPhone 6 and its upgraded version, known as the iPhone 6s.
The materials that each is made from. While it may not seem like it’s a big difference on the outside, the two phones are made from different thicknesses of aluminum. This won’t really become obvious until you start using the 6 for awhile – if you aren’t careful with it, it could warp due to the malleability of the aluminum. Just be careful with it and the 6 will last just as long as the 6s.
Processor speed. One of the biggest reasons that a lot of people have chosen the 6s over the 6 is the processor speed. While it may not seem like it’s that much of a difference for you to think about, you will find that this can really affect what happens with games, music, and lifespan. If you use your iPhone as an entertainment device instead of just a communication device, then the 6s may be the better option for you in the long run.
The camera and other peripherals. Are you someone that really likes taking pictures? Do you enjoy showing off your amateur videos to friends and family? Do you use Instagram as a major form of social media so that you can keep up with everyone you love? If you answered yes to this, then the 6s’s camera is likely the one that you’re going to want to invest in. Its quality is equal to some of the digital cameras that are out there nowadays.
The price. Obviously, you’re going to pay more if you want to have the advantage of everything that the 6s offers. You usually pay around $100 more for the 6s, even if you go to a service provider that is going to be able to give you a deal with your contract.
As you can see, there are quite a few differences for you to think about when you start to look at what the iPhone 6 and 6s have to offer. That being said, many of the upgrades are about the technology. If you are using your phone for calls and texts primarily, with slight web browsing, then the 6 should work just fine for you. But, if you are looking for a great camera and other similar options, you may want to spend the extra bit of money in order to get the 6s instead.
When you are using a mobile device on a regular basis, you want to be certain that you’re doing everything that you can to protect it. Many of us have an antivirus on our laptops or desktops, so why wouldn’t we try to protect our mobile devices as well? Many times, we forget what we’re doing in this regard and we may share things like credit card information and the like via these devices. What are we supposed to do in those situations? How can we prevent this all from becoming an even bigger problem as time goes on? Here are some tips to help you avoid data security problems.
Don’t ever forget to back up your information. If you are someone that has a lot of information floating around clouds and flash drives and your mobile device, you want to make sure that you have one place to back that information up on. You know that technology doesn’t always work the way that you want it to, and that can make it hard for you to find a file when everything has seemed to crash on you. So, instead of getting frustrated or losing your data, always have backups upon backups to keep it in order.
Put some sort of digital protection on your device. There are anti-viruses and the like for your mobile devices. These can prevent you from digital attacks and prevent viruses and malware from getting onto your device. Look for options that are not going to take up a lot of space on your phone and that have been approved by https://www.telcoworld.com.au/ so that you know that you’re getting something that is going to give you the best protection possible.
Work and play should stay separate. Because of the digital revolution, there have been so many instances where there are blurred lines between your work life and your home life. You need to be sure that you’re taking care of all of your work tasks on a work device (or in work folders on your device, if you use the same device for everything). You want to keep your personal life private and you don’t want to get into a situation where your job could be in jeopardy because you accidentally put information on social media that was supposed to be confidential.
Keep an eye on your physical device. The most important thing is that you need to keep your phone or tablet with you all of the time. Make sure that you know where it is and that you can get to it if someone were to try and nab it. Keeping your device(s) safe can help prevent issues related to stolen data.
Many of us aren’t completely used to carrying around devices yet, so we may not be 100% sure as to what we need to do. If you follow these tips, you may reduce the risk of a data breach on your smartphone.
Many users are reporting a glitch in iOS 9.3, according to hundreds of reports flooding the Apple Support Forums. The malfunction has been primarily affecting the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, although other Apple products have also been experiencing the strange malfunction. The cause of the technical difficulties has not yet been discovered, but the error leaves users unable to open links while browsing in Safari, as well as open Instant Messages, e-mail, or use certain apps. Instead of opening links in Safari, apps are simply crashing, freezing, or hanging up.
iPhone 6 acting up? Contact us today, to find out about our extensive iPhone 6 repair services.
Considering the issues are predominantly involving iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus phones, some are speculating it could be an issue with the 3D Touch. There have also been certain isolated incidents in iOS 9.2.1, giving the impression that the issue isn’t isolated to iOS 9.3.
No solution for the glitch has yet been found, and Apple is still declining to comment. We’ll stay posted for any updates or fixes. We hope a solution is found soon, or the iPhone 7 comes sooner rather than later.
Are you looking for iPhone 6 repairs in Melbourne? We cover everything from hardware to software, to cosmetic repairs such as iPhone 6 screen replacements.