When you are dealing with new updates on old devices, a lot of things can get lost in translation. It’s not uncommon to end up with an issue that makes it difficult for you to get your device to work the way that it needs to. One issue that a lot of people had when the iPhone 4 upgraded its operating system to the iOS5 was that they couldn’t get text messages like they expected to. If this has happened to your device, how are you supposed to correct it?
It’s important to understand how updating the iOS can actually end up making this sort of mistake in the first place. In short, the iOS is going to rearrange how the data in your phone is stored and it’s going to make upgrades that are based on what the engineers have determined is the best way to make the update work. The latest updates are going to be optimized to the most recent devices, so if you have an older device, it could end up doing some strange things that make it difficult for you to get it to work the way you want it to.
How Do I Correct The Issue(s) at Hand?
The first thing that you need to do is check out your mailbox. Because the iOS actually takes away a little of your space, so your text message inbox may be fuller than you expected it to be after the update. Look around in your inbox and take a little bit of time to find what you may not need anymore. Then, you can have someone send you a text to see if that has fixed the problem. Most of the time, this is the only solution that you need and you’ll be able to start getting texts again.
If this doesn’t work, then you likely have another issue on your hands. Make sure that you have everything enabled with your inbox and that you don’t have any issues with your bill. Look around to see if your data is turned on and be positive that you’re actually getting texts sent to you. Then, if none of that seems to work, you may have something internal going on. This will need a little more research and you may have to send it in for repairs in order to make sure that you can get it all back in order as it should be.
The best way to get things fixed with your texting is to go through our page. Check out everything that we have to offer at https://www.telcoworld.com.au/mobile-phones/repairs so that you can see what repair services that we can offer. We will get into your phone and try to find everything that you need to get fixed so that you don’t have any additional problems with the process. We service a number of different types of devices and can make sure that you get the full benefits of whatever service plan that you may currently have on your device.
There are a number of instances where you may be trying to get into an Apple device without knowing any of the information that you may need in order to do so. For example, if you have a family member or friend that is ill and you need to get in their phone for information, or if you have gotten hacked and all of the information for your Apple account was changed for whatever reason, you may need to get around that failsafe.
What are you supposed to do at that point? Here are some tips that you can use in order to unlock your iPhone without any of the Apple ID or password information that you would otherwise need.
- Siri is always a great way to try and get around the issue at hand. You may be able to talk to her using her commands in order to get around the lock feature. Sometimes this works, but sometimes it will not. Try this before you do any of the other suggestions that we have for you here.
- There are a number of websites out there that can help you to get past the Apple ID and password requirements that a locked phone usually has. Make sure that you do your research on the websites in question before you try them out so that you can make sure that they are reputable and that you aren’t going to end up with issues with any of your electronic devices. These basically help you to skip that step of unlocking the phone.
- Hard resetting the phone is another way that you can get into the device without actually knowing the information related to the Apple ID. While this may not be appealing if you have a myriad of information on it, the option is there if you need it. This is also a good thing to know about if there is a software malfunction or someone else has given you the phone without wiping it. The way that you hard reset it is going to depend on the generation of iPhone that you have, so refer to the owner’s manual in order to get that information.
No matter which method that you use to unlock the iPhone, you want to make sure that reset all of the Apple ID information that is related to it once you get back in. This can save you a lot of hassle later on and prevent you from having to go through the processes above once again.
Are you still having issues with your iPhone? If you need the touch of a professional to figure out what steps you should take next, you can take a look at all of the service that we offer at https://www.telcoworld.com.au/mobile-phones/repairs/. We can help you to figure out what the problem may be so that you can get back into your phone and start using it again.
We all know that feeling that we get when we hear that gut-wrenching cracking noise coming from the direction of an iPhone. Oh, no! You’ve cracked the screen. We all know someone that has broken their iPhone screen – or maybe you’re the one who has done it. Sometimes this can be prevented, but other times, it just sort of happens.
Why does this happen? What are some of the most common reasons that people end up breaking their iPhone screens? Here’s a look at 4 of the main reasons that this could happen to your iPhone.
- Dropping the iPhone. This is probably the most common story that you are going to hear when it comes to people breaking their screens. Even if you’re just dropping the phone on a soft surface, you may find that there are little cracks that happen throughout the screen. It’s that much worse when you drop it on a harder surface, mainly because the screen can completely shatter when you do that. Either of these outcomes will likely result in a complete screen replacement.
- Putting Pressure on the iPhone. Do you put your phone in your back pocket? Have you ever accidentally stepped on your iPhone? While dropping the phone is definitely the most common way to break it, this comes in at a pretty close second. We can get really clumsy or forgetful with our phones, so you want to make sure that you always know where it is before you sit or move anywhere.
- Time and Use. Sometimes, the standard wear and tear of using the device can take its toll on it as time goes on. If you start to notice that your screen is wearing down or cracking in certain spots, you may want to get it checked out. It’s never a bad thing to get a screen replacement, so consider getting that done before it completely falls apart on you.
- No reason at all! Sometimes, the screen is faulty or just the right conditions make it so that the screen cracks for what seems to be no reason at all. And even if that’s the case, we can bring it in and fix it for you so that you can start using it again.
If your iPhone screen has broken for any of the above reasons, or you have another issue that you’re trying to take care of with your mobile device, please make sure that you come to https://www.telcoworld.com.au/mobile-phones/repairs/ so that we can start working on your device and help you to get all of the resources that you need to get your phone working as it should once again.
When you are using a mobile device on a regular basis, you want to be certain that you’re doing everything that you can to protect it. Many of us have an antivirus on our laptops or desktops, so why wouldn’t we try to protect our mobile devices as well? Many times, we forget what we’re doing in this regard and we may share things like credit card information and the like via these devices. What are we supposed to do in those situations? How can we prevent this all from becoming an even bigger problem as time goes on? Here are some tips to help you avoid data security problems.
Don’t ever forget to back up your information. If you are someone that has a lot of information floating around clouds and flash drives and your mobile device, you want to make sure that you have one place to back that information up on. You know that technology doesn’t always work the way that you want it to, and that can make it hard for you to find a file when everything has seemed to crash on you. So, instead of getting frustrated or losing your data, always have backups upon backups to keep it in order.
Put some sort of digital protection on your device. There are anti-viruses and the like for your mobile devices. These can prevent you from digital attacks and prevent viruses and malware from getting onto your device. Look for options that are not going to take up a lot of space on your phone and that have been approved by https://www.telcoworld.com.au/ so that you know that you’re getting something that is going to give you the best protection possible.
Work and play should stay separate. Because of the digital revolution, there have been so many instances where there are blurred lines between your work life and your home life. You need to be sure that you’re taking care of all of your work tasks on a work device (or in work folders on your device, if you use the same device for everything). You want to keep your personal life private and you don’t want to get into a situation where your job could be in jeopardy because you accidentally put information on social media that was supposed to be confidential.
Keep an eye on your physical device. The most important thing is that you need to keep your phone or tablet with you all of the time. Make sure that you know where it is and that you can get to it if someone were to try and nab it. Keeping your device(s) safe can help prevent issues related to stolen data.
Many of us aren’t completely used to carrying around devices yet, so we may not be 100% sure as to what we need to do. If you follow these tips, you may reduce the risk of a data breach on your smartphone.
One of the most common causes for mobile phone repairs, in Melbourne and elsewhere, is decreased battery life. While part of this may be due to age, your mobile phone battery might not be as decrepit as you might think.
A reporter from The Guardian made global news in February, by uninstalling the Facebook app, which increased his battery life, consistently, by up to 20%.
This raises the interesting question: What is draining our mobile phone batteries?
Common Causes For Mobile Phone Battery Drain
Apps. The most common cause of battery drain is apps. Some Android users have reported being able to get up to four days, on one charge, without apps. There are two reasons for this. The first is apps are constantly looking for a signal, whether wi-fi or cellular. Secondly, many apps phones use lots of battery power, tracking where we are and constantly sending us updates, even when we’re not using them. Setting your phone to Airplane mode will turn off these updates, significantly lengthening your battery life, but can also prevent you from receiving text messages, phone calls, or updated data.
Which Apps Cause The Most Battery Drain?
CBS News ran a feature on which apps cause the most battery drain
According To CBS News, The Biggest Battery Drainers Include:
These apps constantly monitor your location, so they can advertise businesses in the vicinity, causing a significant drain on your battery’s life expectancy.
What To Do About Battery Draining Apps?
- Check Your Battery Settings: You can check which apps are using the most energy, by checking the “battery usage” tab, located under “settings”.
- Close Apps When You’re Not Using Them:You can also save significant amounts of energy by closing apps when they’re not in use, by swiping either left or right.
- Uninstall Applications You’re Not Using
- Check For Low Power Options On The Apps You DO Use
- Replacing worn out batteries?
Still looking for mobile phone repairs in Melbourne? Or need something simple like a screen repair? We handle most common repairs while you wait! Come in today, and let us get you back up to speed.