Telstra is one of the best providers of mobile services in Melbourne, with coverage of over 2.4 million square kilometers. While there is 4G coverage in major cities, Telstra also offers speeds that triple maximum download speeds on compatible devices.
While there have been a few outages that Telstra has bounced back from, the Telstra service provides a lightning fast, incredibly wide network that allows you to take advantage of all the smartphone technology available today.
The Telstra network is vast, and while some networks struggle to reach all areas in Melbourne and other regions of Australia, Telstra has the ability to provide a network without interruptions. For many years, Telstra Mobile has been the choice of mobile services in Melbourne, and they boast amazing call quality and data speed.
Reviews and user tests have shown that Telstra’s large 4G network is one of the best options available to all of Australia, and the cost won’t bankrupt you, either – which is never a bad thing!
Let’s Talk About Call Quality and Voice Uses
Telstra’s voice network has been growing by leaps and bounds lately, and they aren’t showing signs of stopping anytime soon. They were one of the first mobile providers in Melbourne to adopt support for Voice over LTE when the iPhone 6s was released.
This means that phone calls are supported using the fast 4G network. This provides a few different benefits to Telstra users.
- Since calls are supported over the 4G network, this also means that you can use the 4G network for internet on a call.
- When you make a call, the number is connected nearly immediately. Not to mention the connection is noticeably better than most other mobile providers.
Telstra’s coverage is incredibly well known around the Melbourne area as the best provider in the city. With Australia known for its open roads and long stretches of nothingness that provide no coverage to most mobile carriers, Telstra won’t drop calls. This means that the concept of “out of range” is not something that Telstra users have to worry about.
If you choose Telstra as your mobile carrier, you also get the experience of visual voicemail and no charge – your messages are simply downloaded to your device – no calls into a mailbox needed.
Text Messages and Network
Since most of us don’t utilize our voice services as much as we do text capabilities, the capabilities that Telstra gives text users are great. Most of their contract and prepaid plans provide unlimited text messaging. For those of us that prefer the typed word to verbal communication, this is amazing news. If you don’t want to shell out the money for unlimited text with a prepaid account, you have other options that fit any budget.
Data Users Rejoice! You Won’t Have to Worry About Overage Charges Again
Telstra’s 4G mobile data service is amazing. There is no other way to state it. With the LTE Advanced network paired with the 4G, the network speeds are incredible. In many cases, the Telstra network is faster than most fibre networks, which is not an easy compliment to give a mobile network!
If you use your phone for videos, pictures, music, Netflix, you name it – you need to be on Telstra’s mobile network. The coverage is great, while 3G jumps in around areas that are more rural in nature, Telstra Melbourne is the best mobile data network around – and can even be used as home internet in a pinch.
Price, Contracts, and Legal Jargon
Since Telstra is a full-service mobile provider, there are many different options for all different customer needs. The amount of options that Telstra provides to their customers can be a little intimidating, which is why we’re going to lay out the details here.
Telstra dealers in Melbourne offer a large range of different options for connecting to the Telstra network. The great thing is there are contracts for those that want something long term, and for those that have commitment issues, Telstra offers pay as you go options.
Telstra also offers the ability to bring your own phone to the plan, which saves money in the long run.
As the largest mobile provider in Melbourne, Telstra has a huge range of plans to choose from – right around 30 in total! This is what the plans look like from a number perspective:
- 19 prepaid plans
- 3 no contract plans
- 12 contract plans
With these options, there’s sure to be one that fits your needs. Let’s look at the prepaid plans first.
If you’re looking for a plan that provides no frills, tons of flexibility, and no contracts, then a Telstra prepaid option may be your best bet. They provide a wide range of options that are broken into different categories.
- Prepaid Plus: Plans that offer the best value included with all options. This is one of Telstra’s best-prepaid plans, and one that is the most popular for different user types. A value-packed plan that gives you unlimited text and calls, with some major data options, international call credits, and a 28 day expiry period. This plan is great for people that want credit and data of a contracted plan, but without the monthly spend. There are different plan options that are $30, $40, and $50 per recharge.
- Beyond Talk: Extremely low cost, but ability to text as much as you want. This plan comes with 1cent text messages to other Telstra users, as well as options that even offer unlimited texting. This plan is for those individuals that want to text friends and family every day, and don’t really need the call plan that others may want. You have five different choices in this category, and they range from $30 to $100.
- Simplicity: A plan that gives you different expiry periods, with no contracts.
- Long-Life: This plan has different variables that expire between 60 and 365 days, depending on your options.
We’re going to lump the Simplicity and Long-Life plans together – each of these plans works like traditional prepaid options. There are four recharge amounts, which give you the exact dollar amount you pay to use on calls, texts, and data.
The more money you spend, the longer the credit lasts before expiring – up to a maximum of 180 days.
Simplicity plans are great for those that don’t utilize their phone often, and don’t need to have a huge amount of data, while Long-Life plans provide the same light services of a Simplicity plan, but with a longer expiry period.
- Different data allowances with prices from $30 to $50 each 30-day recharge. Data plans roll over as unused data accumulates with each passing month.
- Text plans vary and can be added onto your pre-paid account. There are options for unlimited texting, or options for specific text amounts for those that want to limit the amount of text communication on each line.
- Voice calls are another option for flat rate charges. You can also decide to do a text/voice combo plan, and Telstra offers recharge options that can last for up to a year, depending on usage.
SIM Only No Contract Plans:
Telstra provides a plan with three different options that are easily utilized by any user. These plans range from $35, $50, to $70 per month, with more value added the higher the cost. To get unlimited calls, you have to jump to the $70 plan. However, the $35 and $50 plans also contain unlimited texts. However, reviews talk about the $70 plan as the best option for users that plan on contacting people overseas or using heavy data /texting.
Last, but not least, Telstra has contract plans to choose from if you’re looking for a long term commitment in a phone plan.
The contract plans that Telstra offers give a great bundled offer with data, text, calls, and even an optional phone. Telstra offers range from 12 to 24 months. You can bring your own phone (adding a SIM only deal), or shop for one of the Telstra’s plan that includes a phone in the monthly fee.
There are four different options for SIM-Only contracts.
- $35 to $300 calls, unlimited text, and 500MB of data.
- $50 – $1000 calls, unlimited text and 5GB of data.
- $70 includes unlimited calls and texts, 10GB of data, and unlimited calls and texts to 10 different countries.
All of these plans are open to a 12 to 24-month contract.
The fourth plan is an online only Mx plan. This is the same as the $50 plan, with a $10 discount, however, your tech support comes from self-help options – there is no call center or in-store support for this plan, and it’s only an option for a 12-month contract.
Phone Included Contracts:
Here are the options for different contracts available with a 24-month contract, including a phone handset. You have to commit to the same phone for two years, and if you’re okay with keeping the same phone for that long these options are for you.
- $55 – $550 – calls, unlimited texts, 1GB of data.
- $75 – unlimited calls and texts, 3GB of data.
- $95 – unlimited calls and texts, 10GB of data.
- $135 – unlimited calls and texts, 20GB of data.
- $195 – unlimited calls and texts, 30GB of data.
While these plans can cost an arm and a leg, the options that are provided are great for any budget. These plans can also include different special packages, which sets Telstra apart from competitors. We’ll go into more detail about the specials in a different section.
- If you have your own phone that you bring to the Telstra plan, you can sign up for a 12-month contract for a lower amount monthly. The data allowance will sustain even the most active of users, while calls (some plans provide unlimited calling) and texting are huge as well.
- Telstra users also get access to free Wi-Fi data from Telstra hotspots around the country.
Special Deals and Offers
Telstra provides customers with some great bundled deals and included options. These can include, but aren’t limited to, free access to Apple Music, or a free subscription to AFL and NRL streaming services. If it is the off season, and you’re a sports nut – don’t fear. You do get access to NRL test matches and the Auckland nines.
You don’t have to count on your specials to be sport-centric if you’re not into that. As stated above, Telstra offers subscriptions to Apple Music, and even Spotify as part of your bundled deal.
It’s best to look at the entire cost of the plan from monthly fees to special subscriptions when comparing and contrasting options of cost.
There are other options that keep popping up, so don’t forget to ask your Telstra dealer for the best offer possible.
If you are in the market for a brand new phone, Telstra has several different options from iPhones to Androids, and options are available with a two year contract. These contracts are geared so you pay for the phone over two years, and give you a huge data plan, tons of text messages, and call limits.
Comparison to Other Providers
While Telstra is the largest mobile provider in Melbourne, and the provider that keeps growing, are they really the best value for the packages they offer?
When it comes to options for prepaid mobile service, Telstra has saturated the market with different versions of their plans. With so many options, finding one that is suitable for your needs should be easy, but some consumers have found the options to be a little overwhelming. This is when calling a Telstra dealer can be extremely beneficial. The agent can walk you through your wants and needs, and recommend the best prepaid plan for your budget.
No Contract Plan Comparison
While Telstra isn’t overly giving with this option, there are a few different categories making it easy to compare each. The only thing that Telstra has over the competition in this arena is unlimited international calling on their $70 plan. For the most part, the other mobile providers can hold their own against Telstra’s non-contract plans.
Contract Plan Comparison
Here is where Telstra beats the competition hands down. With the option of 10GB of data for $70, this is a great deal against other mobile providers. There aren’t a lot of other things to stay about the contracted deals that Telstra provides, other than they will have an option, with or without a handset, that can fit your need and budget.
It’s easy to see why Telstra has surpassed so many other mobile providers in the Melbourne area as the number one provider for these services. With 20 plus plans in their arsenal, and options for every single scenario that users could want, Telstra mobile is a great option for anyone looking to purchase a new mobile network or make a switch to the fastest mobile network in Australia.
There are many different Telstra dealers in Melbourne, however, TWorld ICT is ready to answer all of your questions and get you set up on a personalized plan of your own. Get in touch with your premiere Telstra Melbourne dealer today!